“White label” refers to a fully supported product or service that’s made or hosted by a source company but offered under your branding to end consumers. White label products and services give you the opportunity to sell or offer something without the time and expense in architecting it in-house.
White label backup just means that the backup service can be re-branded and customized by and sold as their own service to their end users.
Why not roll out your own ?
As an entrepreneur with a business problem or a solution provider our first instinct is to always try and implement the solution ourselves. After all that is what innovation is all about, right? Why should we be dependent on a third party to implement our solutions and support our customers ? Why shell out that much money when we can implement it with our own resources and own it ?
The point of backup, aside from saving the data itself, is to avoid headaches. As a professional, you have enough to deal with in your day-to-day responsibilities – you don’t need backups to be an additional problem. Doing everything ourselves is not always the right decision. In many cases building a solution from scratch can end up in failure resulting in a lot of wasted time and effort.
That’s because building your own solution can lead you to:
- Reinvent the wheel, making mistakes that others before you have already made and mastered
- Dramatically slow down your time to market, as you try to troubleshoot and increase your learning curve outside your core competency
- Spend too much money developing tools and solutions that already exist in other formats
- Miss out on resources and expertise in the specific space where you need a focused solution
Also when you opt for a white label backup solution you do not have to worry about the infrastructure or its maintenance. It turns out to be a much cheaper deal than having your own setup. Besides the provider is generally an expert with contingency plans and disaster management; so you can rest assured that your customers’ data is in safe hands no matter what.
Which provider should i go for ?
There are many major players in the market; what do they offer and more importantly do they fit your business needs. You should consider your business case thoroughly before you make a decision. Here are some questions that you must ask.:
- Does the provider offer support directly to your customers?
- Are there network bandwidth concerns?
- Are the backed up files compressed and/or encrypted?
- Do you need to compress unencrypted local backups, but encrypt and compress online backup?
- Do you need to easily access phone support?
- Do they provide local backup support?
- Do they comply to specific standards?
One other thing that you need to look for when selecting a provider is the range and variety of platforms and applications the provider supports. Having a large customer base can mean a large variety of environments and types of data. Solution union supports all types of operating systems and virtual machine hypervisors. We can also backup your lotus notes, mysql, oracle and SQL databases. We also support microsoft exchange both at the database and mailbox levels.
We at Solution Union provide a fully encrypted online backup service that is white label and fully customizable. The entire communication is encrypted end to end 256 bit ssl encryption which is fully HIPAA compliant. The backup is fully redundant and compression is an option that can be availed.